Twitter Is ...
Twitter is a group instant message platform ... a marketing tool... a dessert topping!
The very Cambridgian Web Ecology Project has a detailed analysis about how twittering is a solution for the people!
The recent use of Twitter for communications after the election in Iran demonstrates the power of the people that harness technology (and pay for Internet access).
* From 7 June - 26 June, they recorded 2,024,166 tweets about the election in Iran.
* Approximately 480,000 users have contributed to this conversation alone.
* 59.3% of users tweet just once, and these users contribute 14.1% of the total number.
* The top 10% of users in our study account for 65.5% of total tweets.
* 1 in 4 tweets about Iran is a retweet of another user’s content.